Friday, April 5, 2013

Cleopatra #1



Name of book: Cleopatra- A Life
Type: book
Genre: Biography
Author: Stacy Schiff 
Pages: 316
Pages read: 54

This book is about my living history person, and has great information about her and her life. During this rotation, I  read chapter one, because it''s not very easy to read it, and it's still talking about facts about her and her life. At the next chapters, it talks about her husbands and her life after she got married. 



This picture is  a representation of Cleopatra  
and it is a printing  on a coin of her time
Questions: 

1.      Whom (3 people from different areas/nations) would I consider to be a great human being? Why? Before I decided to do Cleopatra as my living person because she is the most famous woman in history and a great emperor, I had in mind to do Marilyn Monroe or a dancer like Adele Astaire. I would choose Marilyn Monroe because  she was a great woman in history, said some great quotes and empowered women. Adele Astaire is a famous dancer and I would like to do her as a living history person because I love dancing and I would like to do something in that area.
2.      Are there commonalities in the ways in which great human beings have lived and the choices they have made? These three figures of history that I had to choose from, for my living history have a few things in common. First of all, they were all women. Second, they empowered women all over the world and they inspired them.
3.      What are 3 things (aside from what he/she is known for) that would make my top Living History pick a strong entry into the museum? I chose Cleopatra as my final person because she is a great human being and accomplished some great things throughtout her life and throne. 

1 comment:

  1. I think cleopatra is a very creative choice since it is full of controvercy. So I respect your challenge and I am sure you'll do a great job at it. Don'tyou find her love story with Marc Anthony soo romantique? It's like a Romeo and jUliette but Egyptian version.

    ReplyDelete