Sunday, March 4, 2012

Treasure Island


Name of Book:Treasure Island
Gener:Advanture/Classic novel
Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Pages:230
(Last week I didn’t blog about my classic book, so I am doing the task from last week today as well)


As I said in my last blog poast I finished readig “Treasure Island” by Robert Louis Stevenson over break. It was an interesting book, a bit confusing but I liked it. I usualy don’t prefer reading geners like this but it wasn’t so bad after all. Me and my mom have completely different opinons about this book. She sais that the book “Treasure Island“ is great for me and she tought that I woud love the book, but actualy I didn’t love it at all, I didn’t enjoi reading it but it wasn’t so bad. I wouldent recommend this book to people over the age of 11, I think that this book is for smaller kids. As well we don’t like the same characters, my mom’s favorite character is Dr. Livesey, she sais that hes calm threw the hall book, and that he is the most positive character in this book, he loves helping people. But my favorite character is John Hawkins. He is the jungest krew member. He also likes helping people, and he is a risk taker and an adventurist. Sometimes in the book he reminded me as me, just smaller. This book is an old book and is not like books today, the books I love and enjoi reading . This book is special in some way, and if you would ask me I honesty would not recommend it for you, but as you can see evry human being has his own opinion, if you would ask my mom,well she would recommend it for shure.

INTERVEW:
Me:What do you see as the most rewarding aspect of reading this book with me?
My mom: Reading this book with you was great because the two things that I  love in my life combined, reading and you.
Me: Are you happy with the choice we made for this classic novel? Why?

My mom: Yes of course! Because when I was your age I read the same book with my mom, and I remember that I enjoied it.

Me: Is there another book that you would like to read together in the future?  Why would this be a good choice for us?
My mom: I would like us to read the alchemist together whaen you are older, maby the age of 15. Because that’s my favorit book, and when you are a bit older you will understand it

2 comments:

  1. I really liked how you not only gave your opinion about the book and how you did not like it, but you also acknowledged the fact that everyone has their own opinion, and your mom for example, would definitely recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Riena, I find it interesting that you said you didn't really like the book but that everyone can have their own opinion. I read this book about three years ago and I really liked it but as you said, you would recommend it to younger people.

    ReplyDelete