Sunday, March 4, 2012

Pride and Prejudice



Title: Pride and Prejudice 
Author: Jane Austen
Genre: Classic





Interview with my mom


Me: What do you see as the most rewarding aspect of reading this book with me?
Mom: I see it as an opportunity to discuss issues and topics that we would not usually address. 


Me: Are you happy with the choice we made for this classic novel? Why?
Mom: The novel is more difficult to read (the style, the vocabulary...) than I had anticipated. I would have prefered a book that you could read more rapidly and more easily so that we could spend less time reading and more time discussing it. 


Me: Is there another book that you would like to read together in the future? Why would this be a good choice for us? 
Mom: I can't think of any English book that I have liked and that could be interesting and appropriate for you at the moment, but I would love to read the next book that you will be enthusiastic about; so that we could share and discuss what you are interested into at the moment.  

1 comment:

  1. I really like how your mom was honest and straight-forward about the things she didn't enjoy about the book. How did she feel about some of the characters, and the overall plot, though? :)

    ReplyDelete