Sunday, March 11, 2012

Kane Chronicles: The Pyramid

Title: Kane Chronicles: The Red Pyramid
Author: Rick Riordan
Genre: Adventure

     What do you do when your dad is thrown in to a coffin, a weird red guy wants to take over the world and you've just found out that you are the last in a line of Egyptian Pharaohs? You can't really do anything, but when your armed with a cat who can turn in to a god, magic to topple mountains and a spirit that flies round the world when you sleep, well, you can try. Sadie and Carter have 5 days to save the world from being destroyed by Set, the god of chaos, and save their dad. I'm about 3/4 done with the book and the action is ramping up. As Set's birthday nears, his power grows ever stronger, but so does the bond between brother and sister. As doomsday nears, will anything be able to stop Set, 'cause if a baboon a brother sand a sister and a weird cat can't, well then nothing can.
     I am so far really enjoying the Kane chronicles and cannot wait until I finish the first book so that I can start reading the next ones. Surprisingly, this is not a genre that I would often read, but I was bored and this looked interesting. Now I am hooked. I would recommend this to anyone who has an interest in Egyptian history or just wants to be able to read an amazing adventure story. 10/10

1 comment:

  1. I really like how you started out writing this Blogpost! You first asked us a question, then you answered it yourself! That's a good way of making an introduction not only to a Blogpost, but to everything else too! Good job!
    I also like how you honestly rated the book and shared your thoughts about it with us. Hmm, I didn't know you don't like reading adventure books! Those are my favorites!
    The book sounds like a real adventure, I wonder what will happen with the characters; will they accomplish their goal on saving the world?

    ReplyDelete