Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Company of Swans

Title: A Company of Swans
Author:  Eba Ibbotson
Genre: Historical Fiction

       The book I read this week is called A Company of Swans.  It is about a girl who runs away from her very strict father in England to join a professional ballet group performing in Brazil.  In Brazil she falls in love with ballet and a rich and handsome man, and has no idea that her father has sent her ex-suitor to find her.  Her "boyfriend"s ex-fiance is also coming to Brazil, hoping that she will be able to get that man back now that he is rich. 
         I really really enjoyed this book.  In the beginning of the story, it was a book about a girl running away from home to dance because she wants to dance.  It then turns into a deep romance.  The novel also explains about how important ballet is to ballet dancers, and has a deep dip into friendship, too.  Even though I don't even really like ballet, this book made me so passionate about it that I want to go see one now!  Even though the title and cover of this novel may not seem so great, I would not judge it by its cover, because it is a truly remarkable story.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked your description of the story without giving too much away. I find it interesting that the story changed completely and still kept you wanting to read more. After reading your ORR, I really want to go read this book! :)

    ReplyDelete