Sunday, March 4, 2012

Catcher in the Rye: Interview Q's

    Finish book (try) & answer 3 interview Q's  

  • What do you see as the most rewarding aspect of reading this book with me?
  • Are you happy with the choice we made for this classic novel? Why?
  • Is there another book that you would like to read together in the future?  Why would this be a good choice for us?
I finished my book, Catcher in the Rye, with my partner recently. This book is about a young man named Holden Caulfield, in around the 1950s, who has a view on life that is quite pessimistic. He is talking about how that "a few weeks before Christmas" he got kicked out of is prep school Pencey, and the rest of the book talks about events that continue from that. 

1. The most pleasant aspect of reading this book, was that I got the opportunity to read a book i read as a teenager and share this experience with my you.

2. No, I am not happy with choice because you didn't enjoy this book. 

3. "Hot, Flat, and Crowded: Why we need a Green Evolution - And how it can renew America" by Thomas L. Friedman. I would want you to read this because as much as Holden, from Catcher in the Rye, resonated to my 14 year old self, many years ago. I believe that the message of this book, will speak to your, much more evolved version of a 14 year old. Also, there messages, will, are and will increasingly become more relevant and urgently more important to your generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment