Sunday, February 2, 2014

To Kill A Mockingbird - Blog #2

To Kill A Mockingbird
Harper Lee
Classic
112/281

The main conflict that Scout (Jean Louise Finch) faces so far in the novel is Man vs. Society; she is different from other people, doesn't really fit in, and has a lot of questions about everything. Scout copes with this by reading by herself, or thinking about things because she doesn't really feel like she belongs. This is indeed a type of conflict that exists in modern society because there are still outsiders who don't belong, there is judgement and misunderstandings between people because we don't listen, and we don't want change. If I was in the same situation as Scout I would probably react a little differently; I would keep to myself, but I wouldn't remain peaceful, I would get angry because people don't understand me or my thinking, and I would wonder why. I think I would react this way because I like being by myself; that's how I figure things out, that's how I think, and also because I am not very patient with people who don't understand, or don't want to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment