Sunday, February 2, 2014

Blog post #2

Robinson Crusoe
Daniel Defoo
29% (of the book complete)

The main conflict in my story is Man vs. Nature because Robinson Crusoe is stranded on an island and he needs to scavenge and find stuff on this new terrain that has earthquakes, tropical storms, and unknown dangers.  When Robinson Crusoe found himself the lone survivor of the shipwreck and faced the challenges of sustaining a life there he was initially hysterical, depressed and full of despair.  This is a conflict that people still face today for when people lose their families and friends they often lose hope and want to die so they can be with their family again.  I would probably react much the same way as Robinson Crusoe in wanting to kill myself however, like Robinson, I would choose to carry on despite the fact that I was all alone.  I would react that way because it is better to stay alive than to kill yourself because maybe it was for a purpose that you didn’t die and that maybe you would have more opportunities in life and you can have a better future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment