Sunday, February 2, 2014

Emma Blog Post #2


Emma
Jane Austen
Classic
100/487

Describe the type of conflict facing your main character in your book. (Man vs. Man, Man vs. Nature, Man vs. Himself)
The main character in my book (Emma) is not faced with any major conflicts but since she has declared herself a match-maker she faces a lot of conflicts due to how humans can be unpredictable and people interfere in her plans without realizing it since she refuses to tell anyone. This would be a Man vs. Man conflict.

 How is your main character coping with the conflict? (What is his/her reaction to the conflict?)
Emma gets slightly frustrated when things do not go as planned but it is not very often since she seems to always have a backup plan. She avoids most conflicts with her intelligence and her special talent in persuading people. She is very wealthy and has good connections so there are not many that would oppose her.

 Is this a type of conflict that exists in present day? Explain why or why not.
It is very possible that these conflicts occur today if there are others that decide to take on the challenges of being a match mater, or if a person simply want to give their friend a push into a relationship. 

How would you react to this type of conflict? Same as character? Another way?
My reaction to this type of conflicts would probably be very similar to how Emma reacts though I would probably be more frustrated and work harder to get things to go the way I want them to. 

 Explain your reaction to this type of conflict conflict. (Why would you react the way you do?)
I would obviously be frustrated because I would have put all my energy and time and worked so hard to accomplish a match, but it could all be destroyed if another person interferes and would be unknowing that they are destroying my plans, it would really make me mad.  Though I would, of course, have a backup plan since there could be a big chance that things do not go the way I want. 




No comments:

Post a Comment