Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - Blog Post #2 - Jared Rogerson

The book I am continuing to read is the classic fantasy novel, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers by JRR Tolkien.


The main conflict in this book is Frodo trying to destroy the Ring of Power, while the Ring of Power is influencing his thoughts. Frodo is brave while going on the quest to get rid of the rings, but it is becoming increasingly difficult for him because the Ring is starting to influence his thoughts. This conflict sort of exists today: we don't have a physical ring we must destroy, but there is still temptation to do evil things in the world. If it were me in this situation I would probably freak out and end up not going on the quest, because I prefer staying at home and relaxing rather then doing dangerous quests and stuff. I would react this way because I personally am not a very adventurous person, and I get scared of things that aren't even remotely as scary as this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment