Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Great Gatsby #2

The Great Gatsby
F. Scott Fitzgerald
Classic

In The Great Gatsby, Gatsby is the main character, he is constantly fighting himself because he is in love with Daisy and will never stop loving her even though he knows that it is almost impossible to be with her since she is married and has made her own life. He is trying to find Daisy again, so he is throwing parties every weekend, hoping that she will show up and they will fall madly in love with each other again. Yes this type of conflict does exist in reality, but I honestly don't think it's dealt with the same way as Gatsby did. If I was in Gatsby's position, I would have let the person go if I knew that they were happy and already had moved on and made a life without me. If I really loved a person as much as Gatsby loves Daisy, I would want them to be happy, and if that meant letting them live their own life without me, I would let them even if it made me upset. 

No comments:

Post a Comment