Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, adpted by Mitsu Yamamoto

Title of the book: The Count of Monte Cristo

Author: Alexandre Dumas (adapted by Mitsu Yamamoto)

Genre: Classic

Number of Pages: 237

Pages I read this week: 40

Sentence #1:

Man vs. Man. The main character of the book, Edmond Dantes, is in conflict with two people, Fernand and Danglars.

Sentence #2:

In the beginning, Edmond does not understand why these two people did not respect him and were bad to him, but then he understood that Fernand loved Edmond's wife, so he hated him and Danglars was Fernand's friend so he helped him. After being in the prison for many years, Edmond decided to escape and take a revenge on these two bad people.

Sentence #3:

I believe that the same type of conflict can take place/ exist in the present time, because many people love the same people and might be in a conflict because of that.

Sentence #4:

Well, if I was in the same conflict, I would try to avoid the other character, so that the problems stop. I wouldn't continue being in conflict.

Sentence #5:

I believe that this kind of conflict is not something unusual, but I don't agree with the idea of the main character, which is to continue the conflict, instead of trying to really solve it, by wanting to take a revenge what the two men did to him.


No comments:

Post a Comment