Sunday, February 2, 2014

Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court #2
Author: Mark Twain
Pages read: 150/328
Genre: Classic

The conflict that happens in the story is man vs. man, where the main character is getting killed by the kingdom he is in. Yankee thinks of total eclipse on the day he is getting killed, so he tells Clarence, the boy he met when he arrived here, that he is a magician and he will make sun disappear on that day he is getting killed. This type of conflict does not exist in  present day, because no one would believe in such a thing as magic, people would think he is mentally challenged and put him into the hospital. Character reacted very wisely to the conflict, and I think I would have to think whole nigh to think of something like that, I think I would just beg to live. Even in school, I am scared to do anything that can get me in trouble, and when it is for my own life, I would not do anything that can get me killed, unless its guaranteed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment