Sunday, February 2, 2014

Blog post #2

Title: Island of the Blue Dolphins
Author: Scot O'dell
Genre: Fiction
Pages read: 70/200

·         1st sentence: Describe the type of conflict facing your main character in your book. (Man vs. Man, Man vs. Nature, Man vs. Himself)
In the 6 chapters that I read so far for this blog post, the main conflict is man vs. nature, the main character, Karana, has to survive on the island of the blue dolphins all by herself after the death of her younger brother, Ramo, and she also has to protect herself from the dogs that keep on chasing her and killed her brother.
·         2nd sentence: How is your main character coping with the conflict? (What is his/her reaction to the conflict?)
Karana is dealing with her problems perfectly by gathering food, making weapons and killing dogs, making shelter, traveling across the sea with a canoe that often starts leaking. 
·         3rd sentence: Is this a type of conflict that exists in present day? Explain why or why not.
Even not that often, this conflict could exist today because people that like to survive and investigate islands are probably used to those kinds of problems, also people who accidently appeared to be on a deserted island would be forced to gather food, make weapons and hunt in order to survive.
·         4th sentence: How would you react to this type of conflict? Same as character? Another way?
First of all I would like to say that I am extremely surprised from my character because she didn’t show any fear, she was self – confident the whole time even when her brother died; I would be panicked and if any of my friends/ brother dies I would not have the strength to continue on. /
·         5th sentence: Explain your reaction to this type of conflict. (Why would you react the way you do?)

I would be panicked because I am not as skillful as the character in my book is and if I was with my friend/ brother and he dies I would probably freak out and not have the strength to continue on with the surviving all by myself because it is always better when you have someone next to you (you can talk to him, give an receive advices, help each other)

No comments:

Post a Comment