Sunday, December 11, 2011

PASTELS



Title: Pastels
For Beginners

Author: Francisco Asensio Cerver

Genre: Non-Fiction

Comments: 


During this week I've been reading a very interesting book about how to make art with pastels. I can't wait to tell Mrs. Jovovic!
Pastels were first made in the 18th century, however, many earlier artisans have used similar methods for drawing.
Pastels can be used in many different ways. Depending on the artist's intention, it can be used with techniques totally related to drawing or alternatively using the pictorial method. Nobody knows how a pastel is realistically defined. At least I don't. But according to the book, it looks like there is a correct term! A pastel is a pictorial medium which can be treated like any other normal drawing procedure.
In the beginning of the book the author included some things we need to know before using pastels in our work of art. For example, he explains how you have to clean up the pastel after finishing your artwork, how to make pastels by ourselves, the different kinds of pastels, and what we use them for! But I will not go through this because it's too long. After the author's creative way of making this introduction about pastels, he has shown us some pictures that artists drew using pastels; and of course, there are explanations of those images.
The main thing related to english that I've learned (which is what I'm supposed to be focusing on in this Blog Post) is the fact that the author used very rich vocabulary in his sentences + the fact that he divided the introduction, body conclusion perfectly so that I could use his creative technique in the near future.
To conclude, this week was awesome! I not only just read a fiction/fantasy/historic fiction novel, but I got out of my comfort zone to read something more informative! I'm so thrilled!


No comments:

Post a Comment