Sunday, December 11, 2011

Czar of Alaska


Title: Czar of Alaska

Author: Richard Trout
Pages: 248


Genre: historic Fiction



Czar of Alaska, the Cross of Charlemagne by Richard Trout is the fourth book in the series about the McGregors’ adventures. It takes place mainly in Alaska and several other places, at the end of the 20th century. The McGregor family is on a world tour and they are travelling around, so some parts of the story happen in Denali, China, Texas, etc. Even though the entire family is involved in the course of events, the most prominent character is Chris, an eighteen years old boy and the eldest child in the family. He is caring and responsible both when it comes to himself and others. When a bear attacks his brother and sister, he is calm and level-headed and shots it to protect them. He shows great care for his brother and sister in everyday life and helps then with their homework. 
I like this book and I’ve enjoyed reading it because the story is really engaging, the adventures and various exciting events really keep reader’s interest and attention.  I would recommend it to both boys and girls, even though girls might like it a little better. However, I have to admit that I didn’t like it at first and actually wanted to change it because the prologue didn’t seem attractive. Anyway, don’t let the beginning discourage you from reading, because the best part comes after it. In my opinion, the book would have been better without the terrorists, because they don’t really fit in the story and they are mean. To be honest, I chose it because the cover attracted my attention - there were dogs pulling sleds on it- and I am glad I did, because Czar of Alaska is really worth reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment