Sunday, December 9, 2012

Pretty Little Liars

Pretty Little Liars is a book while it is also a TV show. First I watched the TV shows and it was so good that I wanted to read the books as well.

Pretty Little Liars is the launch of yet another series about pretty, privileged girls who do all sorts of naughty things. This book has a mystery at its heart. A former friend disappeared one night before the start of eighth grade. Ali's disappearance gives readers something to guess about in between the protagonists' student-teacher scandals and bouts of bulimia. The book basically revolves around the 4 main characters; Aria, Hanna, Emily and Spencer. All girls were like sisters to Ali who disappeared one summer. The girls have had trouble letting Ali go mostly because there is someone out there who knows all their deepest and darkest secrets and will not let them forget what they did in the past. The girls grew up together and have done many unforgivable things and for some of them they might even have ended up in jail. Through the series the girls get clues that might lead them to their blackmailer so they can finally let go and truly live their life. However every time they get closer the 'A' (their blackmailer) is one step ahead and makes the regret everything they did. Their famous quote is, "Never trust a pretty girl with an ugly secret." That quote is always somehow proven to be true throughout the series. I love this book and want to read it over and over again. The series are amazing as well but the book is just outstanding.

3 comments:

  1. I have them and I'm going to start them right after the books I'm reading now, I'm glad you tell me their good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems very interesting. I also like how there is a book and a tv series so you can compare the 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg i love these books I've been reading them since 4th grade and Im all caught up on everything youll love when you get farther down when you get to the courtney ali twist its sooooo good but dont read my posts for spoilers, becuase Im reading the newest ones!

    ReplyDelete