Tuesday, December 11, 2012

I know what you did last summer

Lois Duncan
198 pages

Quote: "Well, Mum blamed herself for that. Davy was spending the night with a friend a couple of miles from here, and he and the other boy had a fight. Davy called Mum and she said he wanted to come home and she said no, she wouldn't go pick him up" Morgan to Julie

I finished the book called I know what you did last summer and I think the ending was very intense. It turns out that they ran over a little kid that was riding on his bike and was on his way home. From the part that I left the book,  a new guy moved to the apartment building where Helen lives and they became friends. One night, Barry dies on the field of the University he was going to, when someone shot him. Everybody thinks it is the same person that sents them the letters. Meanwhile Helen went to visit him to the hospital and his parents didn't allow her to go and see him because they think she was the reason that we went on the field. To see her, but it turns out it wasn't her who called him. After that shocking event, Julie and Ray went to visit the child's parents but they just saw Gregg's sister called Megan. Julie starts a talk with her with her and she finds out that her mom is in the hospital ever since the accident and her dad is staying with her for company so she is always alone. When she told Ray these things, he didn't believe it because as he went to look around the house there were many man clothes that were too big for tiny Megan.

This is what happened at the last part of the book but I don't want to spoil it for those who want to read it. It is a very well written book, has very nice descriptive words that 'put you into' the story. I would recommend this book to people that like mysteries. 

2 comments:

  1. This book sounds good but sad. It also sounds like at some parts you were sitting on the edge of your seat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this book, I heard about it, I really want to read it from what I read in your explanation!

    ReplyDelete