Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Kite Runner


















Award Winning Book
Author: Khaled Hosseini

The main character in this book is a boy named Amir. He lives in Afganastan. In my opinion he is from a wealthy family. And his family have servants, their servants are harasas, so they have a different religion. And some of the afganistans are very mean and cruel to them. One of the servants Ali who grew up with Amir's father Baba, has a son named Hassan. Hassan is Amirs good friend. Amir isn't a boy who liked to play soccer and do all those things, he liked to read alot and make up his own stories. His father Baba isn't really close to Amir, he is the type of father who wishes he would go play soccer with the other boys. Amir and Hassan are very close friends, they also both don't have mothers. Amirs mother died while she was giving birth to him, and Hassans mother left a week after he was born. Amir and Hassan love to fly and run kites, in the winter there is a big kite competion. Amir and Hassan both join in, and there are more than a hundered kites participating! But Amir wins! Hassan is such a good friend and goes after the kite to get it back to Amir. Amir follows but cannot catch up, once he does he see Hassan being bullied by 3 boys who are always mean to them. Amir wants to do something but feels as if he is paralized. He watches the boys rape his friend and beat him. After that Amir is barly talking to Hassan. Right now their relationship is going down hill.

One of my favorite lines in the book so far is, "This is grown-ups time. Why don't you go read one of those books of yours?" He'd close the door, leave me to wonder why it was always grown-ups time with him.

I just hope Amir and Hassan become friends again, because their friendship is so special. But I really am liking the book so far, its very interesting.

3 comments:

  1. I've heard of this book, it sounds interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard great things about this book, enjoy reading it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to read this book, but my mum said it was sad and no yet the time to read for me. I shouldn't have read this blogpost now... I WANT TO READ IT!

    ReplyDelete