Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Ajda-- The Da Vinci Code


The Da Vinci Code
For my book project we had to choose and award winning book. The book The Da Vinci Code caught my eye in the library which is why I decided to read it for my book project. I love the book so far. 

The book is amazing. It is a very high level reading book which I like because I take it as a challenge. The book begins with introducing one of the main characters Robert Langdon. He works as a symbologist and professor of Harvard University. The first chapter is about him where as the next chapter introduces two new characters. Silas and “the teacher”. Silas is some kind of a monk who is trying to steal the keystone from “the god’s house”. Silas is the character that introduces “the teacher” who gives Silas instructions. The chapters I have read so far revolve around Robert Langdon, and the suicide he is trying to solve and Silas who is trying to find the stone.

 My favorite part from the parts of the book I have read is; 
'Langdon read the message again and looked up at Fache. "What the hell does this mean!"
Fashe's eyes shone white. "That, monsieur, is precisely the question you are here to answer."

 The book itself is very detailed and explains everything with BIG words that make the book more “juicy”. So far the book has been great so I am going to keep on reading! I’ll be back to report next week! 
 

5 comments:

  1. sounds very interesting! First, when I saw the title of the book, i thought it would be boring but after i read what you wrote about it i would like to read it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a cool book! Leo (dont know how to spell the rest of his name) sounds like a very interesting a smart guy. Hope you have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that sounds like a pretty awesome book :D Hope you have fun reading it! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also thought at first that it was kind of boring, but as they say don't judge a book by its cover. When I read your summary it made me want to read it as well! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. This sounds just like a book I would like to read. By the way, my parents read it and they said it was great. I heard that there is a movie as well. It is based on this bok.

    ReplyDelete