Friday, August 31, 2012

ORR #1: Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver


Name of Book: Before I Fall
Author: Lauren Oliver
Pages Read: 87/470
Genre: Teen

This particular book has won a lot of awards, and so I decided to take a look at the book and see what the story is about, and it was a really smart thing I did. This book was written by Lauren Oliver and it was the first book she wrote (was published in 2010). This book is about a girl who relives the last day of her life, seven times and each time, she keeps on learning new things and mysteries about her death. This girls name is Samantha Kingston, and she has, well had it all. The best boyfriend, three amazing best friends, she was the popular girl in her high school Thomas Jefferson High. She had the best table in the cafeteria, the perfect parking spot. Friday, February 12th seemed like the just another typical day in her perfect and charmed life. Instead, however, it was her last. What I like about this book is the fact that it is a typical teenager book, the words, the phrases, everything is just like the author is describing the life of someone who goes to the same school as you. Samantha is a stuck up, popular girl, who thinks she has it all, but then when she dies, and gets to relive her day again, and again, you see that she is confused by the surroundings she is found in.

I chose to read this particular book because it has won a lot of awards and it seemed like a really good book, which for now it looks like it is, and its only going to get better. As I mentioned before I really like how the author describes the teenage life of the girl, like she was there. I can't wait to see what happens next in the story.

2 comments:

  1. This book seems very exciting. It must be awful to relive the list day of your life again and again. I wonder why is that? Good job

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds really good, you are very smart to have read the back summery. I wonder how this book will end.

    ReplyDelete