Tuesday, August 30, 2011

East

This is all the information about the book I read:

Title:  East
Author:  Edith Pattou
Genre:  Fantasy

Comments:  I love this book!  It's about a girl who lives in Norway, and how she has to come set this guy who is enchanted to be a white bear free.  The problem is, instead of setting him free, she ruins everything and he is spirited away to live with the troll queen.  She decides that she has to set things right, so she follows him into the land of the trolls in the Arctic.  I know that by the way I've written it, East sounds like a really shallow like "happily ever after" book, but really it's not.  There are a lot of insights into old-fashioned Norwegian life, such as spinning, and they use all these Norwegian words to describe things and places, such as "Fransk" and "Njorden." It's just a really interesting and awesome book, and I've loved it since I first bought it a few years ago.  

2 comments:

  1. Anything with a troll queen sounds interesting to me. Thanks for being the first to post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riena,

    The overview of your story seems to have potential,and it also seems like it could be interesting, but if I was you, I would add a little more detail. Like, how did the girl actually ruin everything? This isn't clear. And, is the queen a good person or not? If she's a good person, why is it bad for the bear?

    Anyhow, good job for being the first to post!

    ReplyDelete