Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Delirium


Title: Delirium
Author: Lauren Oliver
Genre: Teen Novel
Comments: Delirium is about a teen girl, Lena, who lives in a world where love is a disease. Though scientists have created a surgery, named the cure, to eradicate love from people’s lives, "freeing" them from the ill ease the symptoms of the sickness gives them. Lena goes her whole life believing this, making sure she does everything right and counting down the days till her surgery. She believes that with the surgery, and without love, life will be better; without pain and always happy and predictable. Yet before her surgery, the unthinkable happens and Lena falls into love, fast and far. There are a few reasons I like this book, First, I find the whole idea of a world without love, really very fascinating. Secondly, the way this book is written makes it a page turner and you never want to put it down. Lastly, the ending is different, for people who want to read this book, I do not want to spoil it, but this book definitely does not have a Disney ending. I would recommend people to read this book, especially if you enjoyed the Anthem or Uglies.

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading "Uglies" and the rest of the series. I find the plot of "Delirium" very interesting and original. I will look out for this book!
    Thank you Maria, you made me want to read it! ;)
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fab. May take a look at this one, though I'm not sure if it's my style. It looks good either way, and may read it.

    ReplyDelete